Once again, Griffin and David have unleashed another March Madness bracket pitting directors against one another. The filmmaker deemed the champion will decide a future mini series coming in the fall of 2019. Mostly abandoning the drivetime sports talk radio satire, the hosts walk through the recent match-ups and discuss all the drama! To get in on the daily action go to https://twitter.com/blankcheckpod and vote everyday in March starting at noon EST. 
Milestones and Ephemera
- Mixed it up, tried to keep the Blankies on their toes!
- David begged for Paul W.S. Anderson, and Griffin stipulated that it would have to be against Paul Thomas Anderson.
- They introduce the idea of sliding in a little May!
- Ben is a little head on spider legs cheering for Carpenter.
- David didn't mean to put two of the four women against each other (but he did). Optics aren't great. David got a Bad Card.
- BEN: No Bay! Raimi all day!!
- GRIFFIN: I'm gonna leave the listeners with this. Here's the note I'm gonna end on, and it's a rhetorical question, and Ben I want you to leave in three minutes of silence for them to think on this. Okay? Here's the rhetorical question I leave for the listeners—
- BEN: Yeah.
- GRIFFIN: Has there ever, ever been a more apt song title than Roundball Rock? Silence begins now.
- [THREE MINUTES OF SILENCE, NO END THEME.]
- March Madness 2019 Recap - Round 1, Patreon. Retrieved March 24, 2021.