Stargate is episode 274 and a Ben's Choice episode focusing on the 1994 film of the same name. The episode was the palate cleanser between Mad Pod: Fury Cast and You've Got Podcast. Posted May 31, 2020.
It's a Ben's Choice bay-bee! Dry, dusty tombs ✓ Crazy convoluted tech ✓ Vast intergalactic conspiracies? ✓✓✓ 1994's Stargate really does have it all. This week Ben gets to makes his case for this Egyptian/Sci-Fi Roland Emmerich cult favorite, and why it's best viewed from a porch. 
Milestones and Ephemera
- When are they gonna do a Carpenter series?!?!?
- Kudos to the blankie SB who snuck in producer Ben's nicknames into the new Mortal Kombat! 
- Ben is transitioning to a dry guy!
- Griffin's Emmerich take: Spielberg for morons (not necessarily a bad thing)
- Emmerich is on the Blank Check Black List. Google him? Or don’t! He’s bad.
- Yes, Emmerich's films are trash but they're Griffin’s flavor of trash.
- Porch movie logistics: they ran an extension cord outside. Sometimes it was cold, sometimes it was sunny. Porches are the only place they had to go.
- Box-Office Game: Weekend of October 28, 1994. Griffin's battery was at 4%... can he make it without getting out of his chair to get a charger???
- Possible future Ben's Choice eps: The Simpson's Movie, Tank Girl, Joe Dirt, Airplane!, and Bob Dylan: Don't Look Back.
- Blank Check Podcast. Stargate. Audioboom. Retrieved on May 21, 2021.
- u/jcoffmanky. Video game designer included reference to Ben's nicknames in new Mortal Kombat. Reddit. Retrieved on July 18, 2022.