Talking Fanfare is episode 75 of Blank Check: Special Features. Posted October 11, 2020.
This one has long been in demand - we're talkin' fanfare! Once, long ago we passed some great goals thanks to you lovely listeners. And unfortunately, they're not possible just yet so as a thank you in the meantime, we're deep diving into some real nerdy film shit. As especially requested by the fans, #thetwofriends discussed their favorite eras and variants of studio logos from the Big Six! Plus, Ben reveals some original fanfare concepts for Blank Check Pictures.
Reference this companion playlist and listen along.
Milestones and Ephemera
- Ben has moved to a new place (Hyper Good) and it is across the street from a church that plays the same drop as the Big Ben Chimes. Karma!
- In the Warner Brothers section, they talk about logo variants for a lot of movies featured on the podcast: Tenet, Contact, The Iron Giant, The Polar Express, Speed Racer, Batman, Batman Returns, Mars Attacks!, You've Got Mail, The Matrix, Batman Begins, Mad Max: Fury Road. Plus THX 1138, which was the subject of a Patreon episode.
- The 20th Century Fox portion features a variant from Edward Scissorhands, plus Alien³ (Patreon).
- The Paramount segment features Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Avengers (Patreon).
- The Columbia Pictures has only a variant from Hotel Transylvania.
- The final minutes of the podcast include four genius ideas for Blank Check Pictures' fanfare.
- There will be another edition of Talking Fanfare!
- Talking Fanfare on Patreon. Retrieved October 11, 2020.